Dapol Y1 Sentinal in O Gauge.

I purchased two of these Loco’s from a well known ‘Box Shifter’  – they were advertised as ‘Y3’ which is what I wanted. I wish I had done my research first before purchasing!! When they arrived I realised the mistake, they were Y1. I left one as No.39 as It was an East Anglian Loco, being based at both Lowestoft and Cambridge. and changed the second one to No.4 which was a Doncaster Loco, a bit out of my modelled area!

Both Loco’s had their buffer beams painted red as prototype. And both had real coal added to the hopper.

No.39 had a modified coal hopper side, so the model is not strictly correct.

The O Gauge Fox Transfers I used on No.4 are to large – I would suggest buying OO as they are nearer the correct size.

I hope to correct them at a later date.

IMG_0989

IMG_0990

IMG_0992

IMG_0993

Latest Dapol O8 in O Gauge

I purchased this Loco with a number already in place, however when it arrived and I started to do some research I found a better ‘local’ example. I removed the original number and added my selected one, 08834.

This loco had a slightly different handrail system than the original model, plus an extra one on the nose end. I modified them to what was required. I also added the ‘Speedlink’ flashes and cast BR Logo to the cab ends.

IMG_0986

IMG_0987

IMG_0988