Here we have a rake of minerals and a brake van. I usually use enamel paints and a little talc for doing this job, this time I used some ‘liquid rust’ from a Military Modelling Shop.
I used as the instructions and slowly built up the layers to get different colours – the more you add the darker it gets and also the actual thickness becomes more 3D.
Yes, I enjoyed using the new liquid, but it is time consuming and the cost overall for the liquid is more than double the cost of enamel paints – worth it – definitely ‘yes’.
After looking at reference pictures, I was very tempted to do a 90% rust covering, but resisted this time!