Today I weathered my Dapol Class 122 DMU. This had to be done carefully as there is a lot of glazing that had to be treated with respect. Using a very small brush and dilute matt black paint, I carefully painted all the door creases and then with a cotton bud soaked in a little white spirit, I then cleaned up the sides. I was a little more free with the roof, using a larger brush and cleaning the surplus off with a clean cotton rag.
After finishing all the delicate work, I then airbrushed the underframe and bogies using Railmatch and Humbrol paints as usual, Other than some exhaust on the roof I did not airbrush any roof dirt, assuming that the sides, ends and roof would be cleaned regularly in the early diesel days.
Overall quite pleased with the outcome.