HEA Refurb

This is a Bachmann Brass O Gauge HEA that had seen better days. I think it had been dropped and generally not had a good life. I straightened the chassis and then started to refurbish the paint work which was very tatty and a bit flaky. I think that it had been painted over the original lacquer which later started to flake.

After a bit of TLC on the paintwork I repainted the worst bits by hand, mixing up a colour that was as near as possible. To stabilize the paint work I brushed on a coat of Johnsons Clear.

I then added the transfers, varnished and weathered the wagon. This was a cheap wagon and I did not want to spend very much on its refurb especially with the new Dapol HEA model due soon.

Leave a Reply