Getting towards the end of my Blue Xmas updates now – only a couple to go now. This is 45036 that has moved from Pre-tops to Tops and then weathered. Sadly this is my only Class 45, I really hope that Heljan do another with a different nose headcode..
This is another of the Locos I took from my Pre-tops Era and moved it to approx 1976 condition. It used to be a Eastern Region Loco in the early 60’s but had moved on by the time it went into Blue Tops. I have not changed the top nose hand handholds as there could be move to another number later..
This is another update on some of my Pre-tops to Tops condition. I have returned to a more light to medium weathering after really dirty 20’s. This was a Stratford engine and I used to see it regularly in the mid 70’s.
Here is my second class 20 – it runs with 20164 that I added yesterday. It also is in very dirty condition and they look nice as a pair. It again was renumbered from Pre-tops into Tops before weathering.
Another Loco move from Pre-tops to Tops. This took a lot of research, finding a loco with its original nose doors in 1976 was not easy. Then I found some photos of 25046! It retained its nose doors up to about 1978, it then had them removed and then two years later it was withdrawn!
As a break from Diesel Loco’s I have just repainted a Kerr Stuart Victory into Black Livery as LINDA Number 7. This will be run on my Sons Layout Grubb Lane with my other Industrial Loco’s. She is the largest Industrial Loco I have and really does look very powerful.
I did a lot of research to find the ideal loco in its original condition in the mid 70’s. I found a great photo of 169 in exactly the right condition in 1978. This must have been one of the last 31’s to have the nose doors changed and the boiler footsteps plated.
The change from pre-tops to Tops was relatively easy and after renumbering I re-weathered the Loco.