This is Hornby’s latest release in OO based on the Colchester Signal Works Engineers Coaches in the 1950’s. My friend Ian asked me make them ‘less bright’ and in a ‘well used’ condition, below are the results.
Here we have a pair of Ellis Clark’s O Gauge Thompson coaches in BR(E) Maroon and Blood and Custard liveries. The bodies were wash and wipe, the roof and bogies/underframe were airbrushed.
I have now completed the weathering of my O Gauge Passenger Brake Van – The first four photos are as weathered – the last photo is as originally purchased. A before and after comparison.
Here are a pair of Mk1’s – a SO and a CK – these are again heading to Australia for my mate Graham. They have had the roof and underframe done to medium level, but the sides have been totally cleaned apart from residue in the door frames. It would have been nice to photograph these two coaches with the Class 27 that I recently finished – sadly my old photo plank is not large enough.
Here are two Darstead/Ellis Clark Thompson Full Brakes – one in lined Crimson and one in lined maroon. These are very nice and robust coaches and weather very well. Highly recommended.
Must admit these coaches would go well with the Heljan Maroon CCT’s. See previous post.
Here is a QQX in O Gauge by Heljan that was recently released. My Son purchased it to run with a Ex BG Full Brake on his Ashwell Moor layout. I have given it a light weathering, just to take away that ‘new’ look.
Here are the O Gauge bogie vans I purchased recently. I weathered them at the same time as I did the O Gauge wagons.
BR(S) Parcels Van
This is the first of the new Heljan CCT wagons I have numbered and weathered. This is a great little model and a really welcome addition to parcels stock in O Gauge.
This is a kit-built Thompson Full Brake in BR Maroon – as running late 50’s. It was given a wash/wipe with matt black and airbrushed with frame dirt, brake dust, roof dirt and matt black to give it a medium weathering. It will look good in a parcels train or milk train.
As the title says – the final batch – this time they are in BR Maroon. All have been renumbered and given my usual weathering methods. See the post before this one for colours used etc.