A pair of Platelayers huts in O Gauge

Although not quite finished yet, I thought I would share these laser cut kits I have built and painted this week.

I have tried to give the wood a distressed look rather than a straight weathering. This was achieved by firstly painting them in acrylic brown paint and them scratching a lot off with a scalpel, coating with wood stain and then varnishing. The chimneys were painted and then the bricks picked out with poly filler for the mortar, this was also stained.





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s