After ballasting yesterday I tackled the MAS trunking today. I wanted it to be a bit irregular, just like the real thing. I chose wood strips for the job, measuring out the distance between each ‘lid’ and using a razor saw, I cut about a third of the way through. This I hope will look like the real thing when painted and weathered.
I intend to model a few with the lid off and exposed wires inside, even a small loop left after inspection. I have ordered some MAS junction trunking and some electrical cabinets to complete the scene.
I need to do a little more ‘ballast picking’ to remove errant bits before weathering.