OO Layout – Ponds, Bridge and Embankments

Very busy day, taking advantage of the good weather. My ‘Hot Wire’ implement and the Polystyrene turned up yesterday so I was itching to have a go. I have to say it worked very well and I enjoyed using it – plenty of potential.

Lots of various embankments made, some small and one section larger to encompass a bridge. I recommend plenty of trial fitting and slow and careful is the best method. I used a selection of depths of polystyrene, but mainly 100mm and 25mm.

I used the 100mm to form the embankment for the road adding some 3mm MDF to form the actual bridge.

Last but not least I made two wildlife ponds quite close together. I drilled some pilot holes and then went around my outline with a jig saw. Baseboard cross bars were noted before doing anything – so no damage to the strength of the layout.

I now need to pull all the various parts together with a bit of poly-filla, first job for tomorrow, our last good weather day for a while!

IMG_1863

IMG_1862

IMG_1864

IMG_1869

IMG_1870

IMG_1865

IMG_1867

IMG_1866

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s