OO Layout – Modroc added.

After adding all the polystyrene I wanted, making the ponds and the tunnels, the next job was to mod-roc all the embankments etc over the polystyrene. I found that while it is a rather dirty job, it is well worth it. After leaving overnight, a lovely hard shell made me feel that the whole method had worked and made things less vulnerable.

I have also made the river bed higher, it just looked too deep. I filled it in with polystyrene sheet, after making a template, not an easy job, but I am happy now.

I have over fifty trees and many buildings off previous layouts that were broken up. This  includes a farm yard scene, which I have placed on the layout to see what it could look like, although I would repaint the buildings.

I now consider the basic scenics on both viewable boards complete.

Board one

IMG_1890

IMG_1891

IMG_1892

IMG_1893

IMG_1894

IMG_1895

Board two

IMG_1896

IMG_1897

IMG_1898

IMG_1899

IMG_1900

IMG_1901

Farm placed on Board two

IMG_1902

IMG_1903

IMG_1904

Note that I purposely put the resin farm on the board without the controller etc. This is to even out the weight across the two boards.

Next job is to undercoat the whole viewable layout.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s