This wagon was made by Graham from a brass kit, I have painted and weathered it.
This wagon is as it would have been just before being withdrawn in the vacuum brake purge in the late 80’s. I started off by using dark bauxite paint with a little white paint added, this was for a very faded and dirty body. I decided that to make it interesting I would simulate some replacement planks. This was followed by a dilute black/dark brown wash. After airbrushing the underframe I picked out a few rust spots that I saw on some photos of a prototype.
Overall quite happy with the result, it is certainly something a bit different!