O Gauge B12/3 Restoration Complete

I have finished the restoration of the B12/3. Its transformation from a rather tatty LNER livery to an early BR livery is complete.

I chose 61516 as it was a Cambridge (31A) engine and in this condition circa 1954. I did not ‘chicken’ out of lining this loco – I simply wanted something a bit different from an early engine.

I added the air pipes, steam pipes and screw couplings. I gave the model a coat of Railmatch ‘satin’ varnish – weathering will follow in time.

Thoroughly enjoyed this project. Buying loco’s that others have given up on, can be worth looking at as a restoration project.

IMG_9489

IMG_9490

IMG_9491

IMG_9492

IMG_9493

Note to self – must clean the finger print off the lens !!!!

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s