Another busy few days on the BNSF layout. The buildings have now visited the garage for an airbrush and a bit of dry brushing. The main job however was the laying of about 50% of the layout with ballast and sand. After leaving it to dry overnight I then cleaned up all stray bits of ballast and ensured that a wagon ran up and down with no problems. I used a light brown paint to cover the track sides, very little rust here as it does not rain very often and the site is on the edge of an arid desert. The rule is very little rust, but lots of dust and blowing sands. I however will add some spillages and debris later.